Opened or Sanctioned Tournament
Sunshine States ITF Tournament may run two type of events: Opened or Sanctioned. Both rules are the same except the opened tournament is more flexible in the judging and dress code. Because the different Federations, Associations and the Independent Dojangs, the practitioners will perform the Chang-Hon Patterns with some variations from one another. We want to make sure the event is fair and a great experience for everyone.
The tournament will be accordingly to the International Taekwon-Do Federation rules but modified to an opened tournament. Sunshine State ITF will try to give the competitor more opportunities to compete, this is why we will use different competition formats. For a complete overview and details of the rules please download the Invitation Package.
- Courtesy & Respect – Be courteous, respectful, kind and practice good sportsmanship.
- Cleanup - Please remember to pick up your broken boards, trash, water bottles, papers etc.
- Language – No cursing or inappropriate language is allowed. Competitors can receive point deductions or be disqualified for cursing, using inappropriate language, trash talking and/or poor sportsmanship.
- NO Smoking – The location is a NO SMOKING venue. There is no smoking on venue grounds or parking lots including electronic cigarettes.
- Alcoholic Beverages – Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at the tournament or on the venue grounds.
- No eating inside the Gym – The Grand Room 1 is the designated area for eating.
- Competition Area – The competition area includes the competition rings and surround space where athletes compete or wait to compete. Only authorized personnel are permitted in this area. Anyone in this area is required to have appropriate credentials.
- Practice & Warmups – The competition area will be available for practice and stretching before the competition begins. All practice and warmups before, during and after the tournament must be conducted in a safe manner. Please be careful and cautious of others around you.
- Injury - In case of an Injury we will have the EMT Rescue Unit on premises.
- Coaches are expected to present themselves in a manner that is consistent with the spirit of Taekwon-Do and good sportsmanship.
- Attire that is considered to be offensive or derogatory will not be allowed.
- Is up to the referee to ensure that coaches are representing Taekwon-Do properly.
- Coaches that are in violation of the tournament standards will be asked to leave the coaching chair.
- Coaches must be calmly remaining seated during the match.
- Coaches may not use video cameras, cell phones, earphones, etc. while sitting in a coach's chair.
- Coaches may calmly direct comments to their own player only.
- Comments considered to be too excited or directed towards the referees which are intended to either influence their decision or protest scores and penalties will result in penalties being issued.
- All Coaches must attend the Official meeting before the tournament.