Brakets and Divisions
Sunshine State ITF will try to give the competitor more opportunities to compete, this is why we will use different competition models.
BRACKET, FORMAT AND DIVISIONS
Geographically Balanced - We will keep competitors from the same School, City or Country on different sides of the draw (when possible.)
Tournament Format – The format will be based on the number of competitors per bracket, we will try to keep groups sizes no larger than 10 competitors per division.
- Single Elimination – 2 Competitors (Competitors are eliminated after their first loss.)
- Round Robin – 3 and 4 Competitors (Everyone competes once, against everyone else.)
- Repechage – 5 to 10 Competitors (After their first loss, the competitor is moved to a repechage Competitors in the repechage bracket can finish third at best.)
- Obstacle Course category will be prepared for 3 to 5 years old.
- Pattern’s category will be divided by Age, Rank and Gender.
- Board Breaking category will be divided by Age, Rank and Gender (10 to 17 years old)
- Sparring category will be divided by Age, Rank, Gender and Height (6 to 12 years old) and by Age, Rank, Gender and Weight (13 years old and Up)
- Divisions will be merge, if necessary, to give the student more opportunities to participate.
|3 - 5 years old||All Ranks||Both Gender|
|6 - 7 years old||10 gup to 1 gup||Male||Female|
|8 - 9 years old||10 gup to 1st dan||Male||Female|
|10 - 12 years old||10 gup to 1st dan||Male||Female|
|13 - 14 years old||10 gup to 3rd dan||Male||Female|
|15 - 17 years old||10 gup to 3rd dan||Male||Female|
|18 - 35 years old||10 gup to 1st dan & higher||Male||Female|
|36 - 45 years old||10 geup to 1st dan & higher||Male||Female|
|46+ years old||10 gup to 1st dan & higher||Male||Female|